Have you ever thought of spinach as a sweet treat? Our third recipe this month is packed full of nutrients and beautiful colors sure to delight your family’s palette. Whether you enjoy it for breakfast, dessert, or as a healthy afternoon snack, we guarantee your family will ask you for seconds.
Our spring smoothie gives you yet another way to introduce spinach to your kids. Don’t hide the spinach though! Have them help you add it to your beautiful strawberry and yogurt base. All you need is four ingredients and a blender.
- ½ cup spinach
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup plain, Greek style yogurt
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
- Add the water, spinach, strawberries, yogurt, and 1 tablespoon of honey or agave nectar to your blender and blend until smooth.
- Try for sweetness. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of honey or agave nectar.
Read more about Hollie