Take your family on a fun summer adventure and explore the spice route together with this simple, refreshing summer fruit salad. Mango, found in India, is a delicious fruit we can now enjoy thanks to the Spice Route. Jicama, which is very popular today in Asian cuisine, is originally from Mexico. Get chopping, juicing and exploring as you teach your kids how we continue to exchange wonderful foods from around the world that become a part of our local community’s cuisine.
- 1 ripe mango
- 3 peaches
- ½ cup jicama
- 1 orange – juice and zest
- 1 lemon - juice
- Thinly sliced mint and basil
- Cut peaches and jicama into medium length slices and place into a bowl. Cut the mango into chunks and add to bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, orange zest and juice to the fruit.
- Garnish with thinly sliced mint and basil. Let sit and develop flavor for 15-30 minutes before serving.
Read more about Hollie