As of 2010, diet surpassed smoking as the #1 risk factor for disease in America.
Here at Joyfoodly, we aim to correct this one community at a time. In addition to our Joyful 12 School Project, we are currently piloting corporate partnerships to address and solve a number of challenges in the corporate wellness space.
- Only 5 percent of Americans younger than 50¹ are getting enough vegetables in their diets
- Many workplace wellness initiatives do not extend beyond the workplace – leaving dependents out of the solution and making long term change more difficult
- Health Care costs are predicted to rise 6.5% in 2016²
- Medical costs for spouses of an employee can be as much as 30% higher for the company³
Solutions to these challenges must encourage and measure employee participation, provide a sustainable structure for long term behavior change, and must be carried out of the workplace and into homes and the larger community.
Our Corporate Veggie Challenges address all three C’s:
- Corporate wellness in the workplace
- Cafeteria alignment with healthy eating choices
- Community reach into the employee’s home
With a tight coordination of these three C’s, we can foster better health and lower health care costs for an entire community.
How it works
- Work with our developers to integrate our Joyful 12 Online Learning lab with your existing wellness portal to create a trackable single log in for participants.
- Work with our marketing team to enroll employees in the Joyful 12 Online Learning Lab and a monthly nutrition challenge.
- Participants will form teams and compete against other teams in weekly challenges. Accomplishing events in the challenge will earn teams points through your wellness portal.
- The challenge continues at home as participants and families use the Joyful 12 to earn extra points
- Each week, stand out teams will be recognized and earn incentives.
- Partners may exercise the option to use charity based incentives to keep competition friendly
- The education continues well after the end of the challenge with lifetime access to the Joyful 12 for all participants and weekly skill building newsletters created by Joyfoodly founder Chef Hollie.
If your company embraces the values of sustainable health and community involvement, we’d love to talk to you. Contact [email protected] and schedule a call to see if your company is the right fit for a partnership with Joyfoodly.