If you’re not a pumpkin pie fan, raise your hand. I grew up in the South where pecan pie was a staple at any family gathering.
We take this familiar and loved dessert to a whole new level with a layer of rich dark chocolate. For your Thanksgiving meal, make this unbelievably easy and delicious pie. Your family will be thankful you did.
- 1 ½ cup whole pecans
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 pie crust, defrosted (we like Whole Foods Market’s Gluten Free Brand)
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup organic corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Place pie shell on a cookie sheet with a rim.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on bottom of pie shell. Assemble pecan pieces working from the center out.
- Mix all other pie ingredients together and pour over top of pecans and chocolate pieces in pie shell.
- Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes. Check at 40 minutes.
- Cool for up to 30 minutes before slicing, so the pie will set.
- Serve with Yummy Mummy’s sparkling cranberries on the side and some vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.
- Sparking Cranberries Served with Pie by Yummy Mummy Kitchen Blog
- This pie is best made early in the day and allowed to sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours, so it will set and cut nicely.
Read more about Hollie