My wish to you this Valentines is to enjoy a week of sweet treats with the ones you love. Let me count the ways you can enjoy the sweet treat of winter radishes…
Radish, you’re at the top of my list of foods that make my heart sing.
Oh how I love you. Let me count the ways:
You’re the color of love
You’re sometimes spicy and sometimes sweet (when I roast you!)
You’re a match made in heaven for a winter caprese salad (no need for a sad winter tomato)
You fill me up but don’t fill me out (you low calorie snack buddy!)
When I dunk you in a creamy strawberry dip, you bring back sweet childhood memories
This Valentine’s, enjoy our Sweet Strawberry and Radish Cream Cheese Dip with your favorite radishes or spicy beets! And since we’re so full of radish love, we made a free printable card for you to give to your loved ones. Click the image below to print your very own veggie valentine’s cards, and then make some strawberry radish dip!
- 1 bunch red radish (use for dip + as a snack)
- 2-3 rainbow radish
- 1 chioggia or red beet (raw)
- 4 fresh strawberries
- 1 8oz block of organic cream cheese, *brought to room temperature*
- 4 red radishes (from your bunch)
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Take 5 minutes to get out all your ingredients, measuring and cooking equipment needed, and place them on a cookie sheet within easy reach.
- Make sure you’ve left your cream cheese out for at least 15 minutes before you begin. Working with cold cream cheese will make it harder to blend and may create lumps in your dip!
- Wash the radishes, beet, and strawberries. Peel the outer skin off the rainbow radish and the beet. Take the tops off the strawberries.
- Set aside 4 of the red radish from your bunch and 4 strawberries to make the dip. The rest can be used for dipping.
- Cut the rainbow radish and beets into thin round discs.
- To make the dip, first blend the red radishes and strawberries in a food processor until finely grated. Then add the cheese and honey and blend until smooth.
- For your heart shaped dippers, take the thin round discs of the beet and rainbow radish and use a cookie cutter shaped like a heart to cut them out.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or fun snack any day of the week and especially on Valentines!
Read more about Hollie